Apple Blossom Enchantment
My friend, my 3-year old and I were out for a walk in the park. It was a beautiful spring day. Birds chirped away, trees sported newly sprouted green leaves, and handsome strangers struck conversations with us. “There are turtles on a log by the pond!” One of the strangers turned out to be my friend’s neighbour.
My phone chimed later that night. It was a text from my friend. “I ran into my neighbour again! Who was that redhead with you, he asked? She sure is a looker!”
The truth is, I had my daughter in my mid 40s. I haven't felt particularly youthful or attractive recently. This pandemic isn't helping... And, I’m not sure I like how the mask accentuates the laugh lines I've accumulated over the years 😂
“Apple blossom water”, I said. “It’s supposed to give you an enchanting glow”. “Buy it by the case!” she texted back immediately. “I haven’t seen you looking so vibrant for quite some time!”
So here is my recipe for the Apple Blossom Water.
You will need:
- 5 fresh apple blossoms.
- Rose incense (optional)
- A small pink candle
- 5 rose quartz crystals
- Empress (a Tarot card - optional).
- A goblet or glass with water. Or some gin or vodka for a much more adult version, in a decanter 😉
- If you're making this enchantment close to the time of the Full Moon in Libra, make Moon Water first. While the Moon is still waxing in Libra, leave your goblet/decanter with water in the moonlight. Place the Empress card under it (if using Tarot). Send a strong intention into your water: "You're to infuse me with enchanting glow".
- Let it sit in the moonlight until you're ready to do the ritual. You now have your Moon Water.
- When you're ready to start with the ritual, add the blossoms to the goblet/decanter. Place the crystals around it. Place the Empress under the goblet or decanter.
- If working with a circle, cast your circle as you normally do.
- Light the candle and the incense.
- Now send your intention into the water:
Apple blossom, young and fresh,
Infuse my skin, infuse my flesh.
Enchanting glow surrounds me.
This is my will, so mote it be.
7. Visualize yourself glowing with health and beauty.
8. Then drink the water. (Save the gin, let it infuse for a few days, and use in a martini).
9. Let the incense and the candle burn out on their own.
The Full Moon in Libra is ideal.
Or, do this on a Waxing Moon in Libra.
Friday, the Day of Venus (the planet of love and beauty) is another great time to work on this enchantment.
Last year's gin yielded several martinis. They all worked. But, this enchantment seems to need a "beauty action" to fully activate it. On the day you're working with the water (or your gin), try a new hair product. Or a new face cream. Or a new outfit.
Voila! Enjoy the compliments. As with all enchantments, the effects will only last for a few days to a few weeks.