Full Moon in Aquarius: August 11 2022
Full Moon in Aquarius: Aug. 11 2022, 6:36 p.m. PDT
Astrologically speaking, the Full Moon is the time to look back at your last two weeks and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small they might seem. And then to release what no longer serves you.
Both Leo and Aquarius are fixed signs = they can be stubborn and resistant to change! That’s the quality they share. And, one of the themes of this August is to stay buoyant and flexible in the times of change. Uranus slows down to a crawl in August, preparing to go retrograde on August 24. This energy is asking us to review the areas of our life that became too stagnant, and to embrace change.
We just went through an impactful Uranus-North Node-Mars conjunction on Aug. 1. "Expect the unexpected!", was the message there. And now the energy of the conjunction is re-activated by this Full Moon at 19 degrees Aquarius. If you had any big and unexpected events happening in your life on or around Aug. 1, they might come into focus again in the next couple of weeks.
If you work with the Lunar Cycle energies to manifest what you desire in your life, when the Moon is getting close to full, it’s the time to celebrate. Give yourself a big pat on the back for what you accomplished this month, no matter how small it might seem to you. Small steps can pave the road to big, bold beginnings.
Celebrate your uniqueness. Consider how you fit into the larger fabric of your social circle and today's society, but, follow your own truth. Societal fads come and go. Find your own North Star.
Celebrate your social circle and your professional networks, and what they bring into your life.
And then set your intentions to release what no longer serves you.
If you tend to be a loner, this is a fantastic Full Moon to release all tendencies to aloofness and to invite warmth and joy into your life.
You’re not limited to releasing the behaviors associated with the shadow side of Aquarius. Any unhelpful tendencies you want to be freed of are fair game. But, intentions linked to the astrological sign the Moon is in – Aquarius in this case – get an extra boost.
- Set your intentions within 24 hours following the Full Moon.
- Prepare your space. You will need to focus on your intentions. It may help to light a candle and burn some incense. A black candle is traditionally associated with removing things from your life, but a white candle will work as well.
- Spend a few minutes writing in your gratitude journal (or simply make a list of what you’re grateful for). This is IMPORTANT! Don't skip this step. By thanking the Universe for the good things in your life, however small, you're energetically aligning yourself to receive more blessings.
- Then focus on what you want to release (behaviors or circumstances that don’t serve your goals). Truly FEEL your intentions. This is also important. You need to infuse your intentions with energy. You WANT to be fully participating in life, embracing it with ease and joy, instead of feeling like you're an observer, looking in from the sidelines.
- Keep repeating your intentions over the next two weeks. Then, at the next New Moon (Aug. 27)), make intentions for new beginnings. Replace what no longer serves you with what you want to attract: that’s the base principle of working with the ongoing renewal cycle of the lunar energies.
For this Full Moon in Aquarius, sample intentions might include:
“I want all self-defeating fears of intimacy to be lifted from me.”
“I want the habit of isolating aloofness to be lifted from me.”
“I will no longer be afraid of being hurt if I allow myself to experience strong emotions and attachment to a romantic partner.”
“I want all tendencies towards self-sabotaging stubbornness to be gone from my life.”
“I want non-constructive tendencies to rebel or to be a contrarian to be lifted from me”.
Want to Go Deeper?
We all have the ability to draw what we desire to us, the ability to manifest the future we want. We don't always use it, because we don't know how!
We spend years in school, learning science and literature and many other subjects. Then we spend years developing skills we need for our career.
And yet, the skill to manifest the future we want? For most of us, we didn't learn it growing up - but we can certainly learn it as adults.
Join me for my "MoonManifest" program, that teaches you just that.
I still can’t believe it. Truly, I’ve been talking about moving/buying a house for decades but never felt it was within my reach. I think having those specific intentions, written clearly helped me to focus on achieving those goals. Nothing dropped in my lap and I had to make the effort but rather than having to walk the whole way, a moving walkway appeared at just the right moments to help me over some challenging spots. From now on I’m going to work WITH the Universe!
I. from Chicago, USA
It was straightforward, practical, interactive... all the things that help make new information become transformation.
R. from Asheville, USA
I loved the breakdown that was given to us and the we had the chance to practice. Loved it and would take it again.
N. from Saskatoon, Canada