Gemini Season: Career Edition!
Gemini Season highlights communication, staying curious and adaptable and building your social network.
So...if you're career-minded, here are a few ways to tap into the season's energy!
A special shout-out to a brilliant client of mine, Nancy Chu, who's contributed the tips for "Get Curious About Your Clients" - they come from her course for Product Managers in the tech industry, Product Thinking Masterclass. And by the way, nothing makes me happier than celebrating my clients' successes with them!
1 - Build Your Professional Network
Are you a task-oriented person? Someone who spends their day moving from one meeting to another and busily working on your to-do list?
If yes, when the Sun is in Gemini, Libra or Aquarius, make sure your spend some time consciously building your professional network!
So much to cover there, but I will share just this one nugget I always share with new leaders:
Build at least one great relationship with someone in HR. You will get all the important scoop early, and they will be able to warn you when you're about to do something career-limiting. They can also advocate for you if you need it 🙂
Or, sign up for a professional development course (and get your company to pay for it, if you can). You'll learn a thing or two, and that person sitting next to you? They just might lead you to your next big professional break-through!
2 - Work with Turquoise
Or, more broadly, polish your communication skills! You will need them in that big presentation or in an interview. To convince your boss that your idea is the best thing ever. To motivate your team.
And, as a useful metaphysical shortcut, learn how to work with turquoise. It can help you express yourself authentically. It's also great if you tend to get tongue-tied in important meetings at work!
I used to charge a turquoise ring when Mercury made particularly good planetary connections, or on a New Moon in Gemini, and wear it when I needed to facilitate a meeting.
Best dates to work with turquoise during this Gemini Season:
- June 11 2023 - Mercury trines Pluto and enters Gemini. A great energy for bringing more power and authenticity into your communication style.
- June 17 2023 - New Moon in Gemini, Mercury sextile Venus. Excellent for boosting your ability to communicate with tact and grace.
3 - Get (Astro-)Curious About Your Boss
Ok, we don't always get to choose our boss. But, try to find out when their birthday is, because based on that info alone, you can learn a lot about your future relationship!
If you know their date of birth (you don't need the year), then you can figure out the degree of their natal Sun. Remember, the Sun moves through 1 degree of the Zodiac per day.
For example, your boss's birthday is October 29. Most years, the sign moves into Scorpio on October 23 (0° Scorpio). So if your boss was born on October 29, their natal Sun is at 6° Scorpio.
Where does this fall in your natal chart, and what aspects does their Sun make with your natal planets?
Some useful tips - and they are not from an astrology textbook, either. They are from years of experience:
- If their Sun falls into your 1st House, they will recognize your potential and help bring it to the surface. Through them, you will be "seen" or noticed. The closer to your Ascendant, the better.
- If their Sun is close to your Neptune (within 5 degrees), they will be enchanted by you. They will find themselves more wiling than usual to forgive your errors. People might even be surprised that they are treating you so much better than everyone else! They might also "fall in love" with you as a job applicant and offer you the position even if you're not fully qualified for it. This, of course, can be a double-edged sword...
- If their Sun and your Sun make a square - they are 85-95° away from one another - you could eventually start butting heads.
- And if their Sun is close to your Pluto, you can have a deeply transformative effect of them (yes, we can transform our bosses, I can attest to this!). But, they may also be subconsciously afraid of your potential and that eventually you will surpass them professionally.
4 - Get Curious About Your Clients!
It's not just about your boss! If you work with clients, get curious about their needs, motivations and experiences.
As I mentioned, these tips are from Product Thinking Masterclass by Nancy Chu (thanks Nancy!!):
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users/customers' needs, motivations, and pain points. Incorporate this insight into your strategy and decision-making process.
- Empathy-Driven Approach: Adopt an empathetic mindset to truly connect with your users/customers. Walk in their shoes, understand their experiences, and design solutions that address their challenges.
- User-Centric Design: Put the user/customer at the center of your development process. Conduct thorough user research, gather feedback, and iterate based on their needs and preferences.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Sharpen your problem-solving abilities to identify and address critical issues. Think critically, analyze data, and develop innovative solutions that align with user/customer needs.
- Continuous Learning: Embrace a growth mindset and continuously seek opportunities to learn and improve. Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to bring fresh ideas to your product thinking.