Full Moon in Cancer: January 2023
Full Moon in Cancer: January 6 2023, 3:08 p.m. PST
This first Full Moon of 2023 is yet another powerful time to give gratitude for the good things that came into your life in 2022. Yes, it was another turbulent year...acknowledge what you're feeling. And hopefully, there is some good to acknowledge, too. Some progress and successes to celebrate - baby steps or leaps, doesn't matter! Progress is progress.
Remember, by acknowledging and celebrating successes and any help that came your way, you're energetically aligning yourself to receive more blessings.
And, after you’ve given your thanks (and gave yourself a pat on the back, too!), it’s time to release any baggage from 2022 that might still be around. Anything you want to release is fair game!
This Full Moon is opposite retrograde Mercury, so there may be some profound revelations. The Sun is supported by Uranus, helping to clear the way for new energies. And Mercury is in wide conjunction to Pluto, helping us to work through self-limiting beliefs. "Don't let other people's judgements of you become a lifetime sentence", it says. "You're worthy, on your own terms". The Capricorn Sun, in opposition to this tender Moon in Cancer, can be cold and harsh, after all. There may be some wounds we're carrying around, inflicted by the criticism of those we counted on for love and approval.
Intentions related to the shadow Cancer qualities will get an extra boost. Insecurities (and don't we all have them), moodiness, too much emotional dependence on other people, wounds from your childhood, emotional eating - set your intentions to set yourself free.
- Set aside about 30 minutes.
- Prepare your space. You will need to focus on your intentions. It may help to light a candle and burn some incense. A black candle is traditionally associated with removing things from your life, but a white candle will work as well.
- Spend a few minutes writing in your gratitude journal (or simply make a list of what you’re grateful for). This is IMPORTANT! Don't skip this step.
- Then focus on what you want to release (behaviours, beliefs or circumstances that don’t serve your goals). Truly FEEL your intentions. This is also important. You need to infuse your intentions with energy. You WANT to be free of those cold judgmental voices in your head. You WANT to find healthy outlets to your emotions, instead of silencing them with food. Your newly slim and trim waistline and your unburdened spirit will thank you.
- You can write your intentions on a piece of paper and burn it if you wish. Then, on the next New Moon – on Jan. 21 – make intentions for new beginnings. Replace what no longer serves you with what you want to bring into your life.
- Keep repeating your intentions over the next two weeks. The entire Waning Moon phase is good for releasing what no longer serves us, especially soon after the Full Moon, and a couple of days before the next New Moon.
For this Full Moon, sample intentions might include:
“I want any tendencies to emotional eating lifted from me”.
"I want to be able to easily release any childhood experiences that are not helpful to me as an adult. I want to experience a nurturing, loving relationship with my mother/father".
“I want any clingy behaviours gone from my life”.
“I want all overprotective tendencies towards my _____ lifted from me” (If you feel you interfere too much and don’t allow someone to stand on their own two feet).
“I want my tendency to take care of others at my own expense gone from my life”
“I want my feelings of insecurity in <area of your life> lifted from me”.
"I want my tendency to make decisions based on emotions, rather than thinking them through rationally, lifted from me."
Get Ready for New Beginnings:
And now that you’re ready for new beginnings, the New Moon in Aquarius is just 2 weeks away! It's the perfect Moon to set your intentions for the year ahead, because both Mercury and Mars will be out of retrograde by then.
Join me for my 28-day "MoonManifest Challenge", that teaches you how to tap into the power of astrological cycle + work with energy, to boost your ability to manifest the future you want.
We all have this ability. We don't always use it, because we don't know how!
My course teaches you just that. We start on January 16!
✨ I wanted to let you know (I'm working on manifesting abundance of money) that I received two unexpected checks in the mail today, and an unexpected deposit into my bank account. Even though they aren't going to sustain my family in the long-term, there were a surprise, much appreciated, and a nice beginning!
- L. from Florida, USA
✨ Since each lesson builds on the previous learnings, I really liked the progression. There were great insights along the way and tips to avoid potential pitfalls that seemed to be timed just perfectly based on the stage I was at.
- S. from Ontario, Canada
✨The course has been great so far! The details, the length, the explanation (even the music) is perfect!
- H. from Texas, USA
✨ During the New Moon, I asked for money to arrive easily and unexpectedly. And I received a modest but unexpected bonus at work.
- N. from Manila, Philippines.