Full Moon in Capricorn: July 13 2022
Full Moon in Capricorn, July 13 2022, 11:38 a.m. PDT
Astrologically speaking, the Full Moon is the time to celebrate our successes and progress this lunar cycle, give thanks - and then to start releasing what no longer serves us.
This Full Moon is in career-oriented, ambitious Capricorn. But, too much Capricorn energy can give us an unhealthy focus on achievement, to the exclusion of everything else. Secretly, we may feel that we are not as competent as we would like, and can’t express our emotions. Others might see us as too reserved, or even unfeeling.
A Full Moon in Capricorn is opposite the Sun in Cancer, highlighting the need to balance your professional and personal life: the need to branch out on your own and accomplish things in the world, and the need to reconnect with your roots and the grounding stability they bring. After all, after we reach the pinnacle of our career, we often come a full circle: family and home become more important as we grow older.
And speaking of which...it's also an excellent Full Moon to release any fears of getting older.
While intentions related to Capricorn will get an extra boost on this Full Moon, don't feel limited to them! Anything you want to let go of is fair game.
- Set aside about 30 minutes within a few hours after the Moon becomes full.
- Prepare your space. You will need to focus on your intentions. It may help to light a candle and burn some incense. A black candle is traditionally associated with removing things from your life, but a white candle will work as well.
- Spend a few minutes writing in your gratitude journal (or simply make a list of what you’re grateful for). This is IMPORTANT! Don't skip this step. By thanking the Universe for the good things in your life, however small, you're energetically aligning yourself to receive more blessings.
- Then focus on what you want to release (behaviours or circumstances that don’t serve your goal). Truly feel your intentions. You want to leave that imposter syndrome behind, after all. You DO deserve every success in what you do professionally, and you have the goods to back it up, too. You have the knowledge and skills. Or maybe you're still building them. But, fear of incompetence doesn't serve you. Focusing on work to the exclusion of everything else in your life doesn't serve you. Leave it behind.
- Keep repeating your intentions over the next two weeks. The entire Waning Moon phase is good for releasing what no longer serves us.
“I want all fears of being incompetent lifted from me.”
“I want my career ambitions to be healthy and not interfering with the rest of my life.”
“I want my workaholic tendencies gone from my life.”
“I want to find a healthy way to express my emotions, so that I don’t appear cold and uncaring to other people.”
“I want all fears of getting older to be lifted from me.”
To Go Deeper:
We all have the ability to draw what we desire to us, the ability to manifest the future we want. We don't always use it, because we don't know how!
We spend years in school, learning science and literature and many other subjects. Then we spend years developing skills we need for our career.
And yet, the skill to manifest the future we want? For most of us, we didn't learn it growing up - but we can certainly learn it as adults.
Join me for my "MoonManifest" program, that teaches you just that.
I still can’t believe it. Truly, I’ve been talking about moving/buying a house for decades but never felt it was within my reach. I think having those specific intentions, written clearly helped me to focus on achieving those goals. Nothing dropped in my lap and I had to make the effort but rather than having to walk the whole way, a moving walkway appeared at just the right moments to help me over some challenging spots. From now on I’m going to work WITH the Universe!
I. from Chicago, USA
It was straightforward, practical, interactive... all the things that help make new information become transformation.
R. from Asheville, USA
I loved the breakdown that was given to us and the we had the chance to practice. Loved it and would take it again.
N. from Saskatoon, Canada